Jio Mobile Number Portability – Mobile number portability or MNP allows you to retain your number while changing your network operator. All the operators in India have to follow this rule of letting customers switch their network without loosing their mobile number. You can change your network once in every 90 days under mobile number portability process i.e. 1 porting request every 90 days.
Jio, which is a new entrant in India from reliance allows easy MNP to and from its network. You can port your mobile number to reliance Jio or port out your number from Jio to some other network operator of your choice in just few simple steps…
Reliance Jio MNP Procedure – Step by Step
Porting Out from Jio to another Operator –
- Visit the recipient operator like Idea, airtel, vodafone etc. i.e. the operator to which you want to switch onto from Jio with your passport size photo, identity proof & address proof.
- Tell them that you want to port from Jio to their network. And if they agree, then generate your unique porting code.
- To generate unique porting code, sms – PORT<10 digit mobile number> to ‘1900’. Make sure you send this sms from your Jio sim/number which you want to port.
- You will get a customer acquisition form and porting form. Fill it up and pay the necessary porting charges when asked which is set at maximum Rs. 19 by TRAI.
- Obtain the sim from your new operator and wait for some hours before you are ported from Jio to the network which you selected.
Porting into Jio from another Operator –
- Visit Jio center, reliance digital or reliance dx mini store and tell them that you want to port your number to Jio. Make sure to carry your passport size photo, identity proof & address proof
- Generate the unique porting code and fill it into the form provided by reliance jio store employee.
- To generate unique porting code, sms following message from your mobile number that you want to port to 1900 – PORT<10 digit mobile number>
- Get Jio Sim and insert it into your 4g compatible mobile. Then wait for some hours…
- Perform the necessary tele verification and start using jio 4g network.
Some FAQ’s related to Mobile Number Portability
- The unique porting code is valid for 15 days. For Jammu and Kashmir circle, it is valid for 30 days.
- Your prepaid balance will not be shifted to the new operator i.e make sure you use your prepaid balance before porting in or porting out.
- You may be required to pay a maximum of Rs. 19 to your new operator for porting.
- If you are a postpaid customer, make sure all your dues and bill are cleared otherwise the porting will not be accepted.
- There could be a period of 2 hrs of no service while porting.
- You can cancel/withdraw your porting request within 24 hrs from the recipient operator.
- Porting process generally happens after mid-night.
So this is how to port to jio or port out from jio. I hope this step-by-step guide will prove helpful to you. Let me know in comments if you face any issue while porting.